For Families

Membership relief

There are many ways to get support with your Students Achieve membership. We are registered as a Childcare provider on the Ofsted Voluntary Childcare Register in England. This means that many families are able to receive financial support with their membership costs.


The Childcare Voucher amount you choose to deduct is taken off your salary before you pay tax and National Insurance. Therefore, you pay less tax and National Insurance as your pre-tax salary is reduced. Many people qualify for Childcare Vouchers and don’t event know it. Usually parents only use CCV for children in nursery school but the great thing is that at Students Achieve, you can use them for children of all ages. To find out if you are eligible speak to your HR department – regardless of the size of your company, it is a scheme that all employers can register for. So even if you’re unsure, it’s definitely worth looking into.


You may qualify for extra tax credits to help pay for some of your childcare costs while you are working. The amount that you’re eligible for is dependent on your household income and situation, but you may qualify for the tax credits if: You’re a single parent, working over 16 hours per week OR A couple where both parents are working over 30 hours per week (combined) The childcare you pay for is registered or approved (like Students Achieve) The best way to find out if you’re entitled to working tax credits for childcare is by either visiting or calling the HMRC helpline on 0345 300 3900. HMRC telephone operators should be familiar with Students Achieve, however the important thing to explain is that Explore Learning is registered as a childcare setting.


Tax-Free Childcare has been introduced by the government to support working families with costs of approved childcare, like Students Achieve. Eligible families will be able to open an online account to make childcare payments. For every £8 you pay in, the government will add an extra £2 up to the value of £2,000 per child, per year. Additional support is available for disabled children. Your family could be eligible if: Your children are under 12 years of age You’re a single working parent or a couple where both parents are working and earning over £120 per week, but no more than £100,000 per year You can find out if Tax-Free Childcare or other childcare options are for you by visiting


The Childcare Grant is available to full-time students who have dependent children, and pays 85% of childcare costs throughout the year. The grant is available to full-time students who are receiving or eligible for the student finance package, and can be used at Students Achieve. If you are a part-time student or receive Working Tax Credits then you won’t be eligible for this grant as well. You can find out more and apply for a childcare grant here


If you take part in a salary sacrifice scheme, you can give up part of your pay in return for a non-cash benefit, which can be used for childcare – which allows you to save on tax and National Insurance. Anyone who works for or owns a limited company is entitled to take part in the salary sacrifice scheme, as long as the company doesn’t offer childcare vouchers through a third-party provider. Have a chat to your external accountant for advice. Once you have an agreement in place, the fees are deducted from your salary before tax and NI. Students Achieve will arrange a Direct Debit to collect the membership fees on the 1st of the month. You can also find out more on the HMRC website